For all workers and providers, this session covered the a fundemental introduction to the NDIS Code of Conduct, this is required learning for anyone who is involved in delivering NDIS supports.
- Instant access, available 24/7
- 1 hour duration
- Pre-recorded webinar
- Recorded July 2021
- Part of the ‘NDIS Care Staff Induction Series’ – a collection of 6 separate on demand webinars (each session is $49) that aim to provide fundemental introductions to the core NDIS modules.
You are purchasing a recording from the live session. Upon purchase you will have access to the recording, facilitator presentation slides and a certificate of attendance.
Every service provider should now know that care staff need to complete mandatory models under the NDIS operational guidelines. The question for you is “is this enough?” – As you also know there is an absolute responsibility to have a quality management system in place which is not just on paper but practically implemented which can be shown via evidence at audit. We don’t think any of you could say you haven’t had a Carer that has not quite turned out to be how they presented themselves at an interview. In the end it is an organisational responsibility to ensure adequate and quality service delivery which means Care Staff should be well informed and trained.
We have developed a course of 6 x 1 hour sessions so that your Care Staff are not only doing the basics but as they are starting their journey with you they are learning the “extra stuff” which can be the difference between an employee who does and knows the bare minimum to one advancing to a clearer “in action” understanding of the NDIS standards, Code of Conduct and Verification Modules which they actively get why it is important for them to complete and be involved in certain tasks and produces and the purpose of it all.
Session will include:
- Defining the standard and sub sections
- Flow charts and / or examples of what the standard including how it looks within an organisation in the bigger picture
- Where they fit in and how they can use this knowledge to assist
- Clients to achieve outcomes as well as contribute to the continuous improvement process
- Worksheets to assist Care Staff to reflect on their own practices which you can use with them to develop a plan for development and for staff reviews
Frequently Asked Questions
No, this specific purchase is for the recording of a previously live webinar. As you are purchasing access to the recorded webinar there will not be an opportunity to participate in the Q&A
Recorded webinars or Webinars On Demand are pre-recorded webinars that we have made available for 24/7 access. The recording is from a previous live session that has been hosted by our facilitators. Registrations are always open for ‘recorded webinars’ and ‘webinars on demand’, making them an excellent source of professional development that you can do at your own pace and a time that suits your individual schedule.
Yes, all attendees have access to download a certificate of completion for every single course, webinar, masterclass and workshop